Technical Support Advisor
Job Title: Technical Support Advisor
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire
NIBE is one of Europe's leading manufacturers of renewable energy products. We supply homes with heat pump products that provide domestic hot water and ensure a comfortable indoor climate. NIBE's heat pumps range includes, Ground Source Heat Pumps, Air Source Heat Pumps, Exhaust Air Heat Pumps and Solar Thermal Panels. We offer high-tech heat pump solutions for heating, ventilation, cooling and heat recovery that reflect today's demand for sustainable construction.
We are looking for a Technical Support Advisor based at our head office in Chesterfield, Derbyshire to provide technical support on our range of heat pumps for our growing installer network.
What will you do?
- To create and maintain confidence in all NIBE Energy Systems products and services.
- Handle pre and post sale technical enquiries including fault finding, product information, spare parts from the NIBE Pro installer network NIBE field engineers
- Desire and ability to take ownership for technical and service related enquiries from NIBE Pro installers
- Develop an understanding of the NIBE service department and work as part of a wider team providing technical support to field service engineers, customers services, warranty claims and sales teams.
- Identify emerging issues and trends and escalate to Technical Services and Product Management teams
- Provide feedback from the field to the Training department for development of training material
- Remain up to date with the relevant industry standards, British Standards, Building Regulations etc
- Provide support to NIBE installers in regard to relevant industry regulations, standards and documentation
- Produce and prepare quotations, calculations and project document packs in accordance with industry standards
- Use the business systems in place to support activities of job role and enable accurate reporting.
- As a member of the technical team you may be asked on occasion to undertake a variety of tasks and/or be involved in projects undertaken by the technical department.
- Follow business procedures at all times
What will you bring?
- This role requires excellent IT, organisational, communication and presentation skills with a strong customer focus.
- Ideally a background in the domestic heating, gas or electricity industry with an NVQ/City and Guilds or equivalent in gas engineering, plumbing and heating, refrigeration or electrical.
- Experience of fault diagnosis would be beneficial
- Ability to accurately interpret and communicate manufacturers instructions and industry standards.
- Good knowledge of British Standards, Building Regulations and Code of Practice in relation to plumbing, heating and electrical.
- Applicants with transferable skills from other technological / engineering / electrical fields would be considered.
- Theoretical and/or practical heat pump experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Candidates excelling in training will be provided to candidates excelling in one more or the areas outline.
What will be offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private Health Insurance with Employee Assistance/Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working environment
- Company social events
- Work clothing
- Business tools, including laptop
- Comprehensive induction programme including full, job-related training
If you can meet our requirements and are interested in the above opportunity, please write enclosing a CV and covering letter to email@example.com